Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yarn, yarn, yarn





The spring weather has prevented me from real progress on the embroidery projects this weekend, I have spend most time in the garden. But I have by now sorted about one third of the DMC embroidery yarn I bought last weekend at a flee market. I was so concerned about the smell, the previous owner must have been a heavy smoker. The smell was so bad, that I hardly could open the box or the small bags with the yarn. But after a few days in fresh air, the smell has disappeared completely. It just takes some time and a lot of space. We have yarn put on display on trays all over, and I love it. It is so nice and I am thrilled about the colours. I have arranged the yarn by colour in small plastic bags, it looks so neat. Just cant wait to get started with my project. It will probably take a few weeks to get all of the yarn sorted out.

Another good thing happened Friday. I receieved the yarn I ordered in the UK. I have been quite desperate because my long lasting project, a Cascade 220 cable sweater, was finally completed a few weeks ago. It has been one of the best knitting experiences I have had, and the yarn just fantastic. Well, it is quite impossible to buy Cascade 220 in Denmark so I really thought I had to wait until summer, where I have an errand in the US. But, luckily, I found an online yarn store, and then on Friday 16 skeins of wonderful worsted wool arrived. It is a little more expensive than buying in the US, but not a significant difference. Again, I can't believe the colours - I am a total colour addict! The first project will be a felted bag, inspired by a Noni pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment